These links are to specific websites that are meant to help parents and teachers. We have not followed every secondary link or vetted all the content on each page. As always, please do not send your children onto the internet unsupervised. Please let me know of any changes we need to make to this page or if you have other recommendations to add. Check back as we add more links and content.
- Basecamp Live – A podcast focusing on education from a Classical Christian perspective.
- Focus On the Family
- Sample daily schedule
- Khan Academy
- Some useful information this Huffpost article. ( However, I wouldn’t normally go to the Huffpost for parenting advice but this is pretty good. )
- Other Activities
- 100 Ideas
- Cooking with Kids
- 50 Ideas from Good House Keeping
- DIY Network
- Projects for teens
Reading / Books Online
- Free Audio Books (for all ages) – https://stories.audible.com/start-listen
- Scholastic Learn at Home: Grade level reading activities (various grades)
- Starfall: Learning and practicing reading for TK to 3rd grades
- Khan Academy
- Freckle Math
- Cool Math 4 Kids (K – 5th)
- Virtual Field Trips
- Go visit one of many world renowned museums!
- Yellowstone National Park
- Explore Google Earth street view.
Bible and Theology
- Al Mohler
- Desiring God Ministries
- Ligonier Ministries
- Apologetics for Teens:
Upper School Extras
- Start planning for college…
- Read this great advice from Dave Ramsey on “Planning for College”
- College Foundation of North Carolina
- Check out this planning timeline.
- Create an account.
- What will they learn? A guide to what college rankings don’t tell you.
- Start preparing for standardized tests…
- check out this alternative to the ACT, PSAT, and SAT
- Practise tests and information: https://www.cltexam.com/
- Khan Academy’s free test prep https://www.khanacademy.org/test-prep/sat
- Study.com has 30 day free trial
- If you have never visited the College Board site ( https://www.collegeboard.org/ ), check it out and start an account. It has SAT information and useful college planning links.
- https://www.act.org/ -Information on the test and college planning, as well as test prep material