A Day in the Life of a Kindergarten Student at Bradford…
- 7:45 – 7:55 I like to get to school early so I have some time to play with my friends and get some wiggles out.
- 7:55 – 8:00 – When Mr. Johnston blows the whistle, I run to pick up my backpack and line up with my class. My teacher then walks us inside to our room where we immediately unpack our bags.
- 8:00 – 8:30 – During forum, a student is chosen to hold the American flag so we can recite the Pledge of Allegiance as well as some other important quotes. This used to be hard for us, but now we can say them like pros! We then sit on the floor on our carpet squares to practice our memory verses, sing hymns, and talk about the Bible.
- 8:30 – Math meeting is a fun time! We add a date to the calendar, count how many days we have been in school, solve math problems on the board, chant number lines, and much more! We also get to work on our math facts like 4+4=8. Our teacher tells us how important it is to learn our facts now so we will do well at math.
- 9:00 – I have to focus really hard to listen and learn the new skill. I like using the counting blocks, wrap-ups, and other math activities. We get to practice our new skills and review old ones on side A of our math worksheet. Our teacher checks our paper so we have a chance to fix any mistakes. I will do side B for homework. After math class we usually take a snack break, sing a song, then head outside for recess!
- 10:15 – After recess we focus on phonics, reading, and writing. We have been learning letters and sounds, and how they make words. We are already reading some books that are fun!
- 11:15 – Our final class before lunch is either history, science, music, art, or P.E. I love singing songs that help me remember all the things we are learning, especially with hand motions! Science class is especially fun when we go outside and do projects.
- 12:00 – At noon some of the students go home, but the full-day kids eat lunch in our classroom. After some free time activities we all settle down for quiet time and a nap. I usually sleep but some of the kids look at books. After naps we go outside for recess again! I like playing tag or climbing on the climber. When it’s time to come in we do our homework and Mrs. Rivera helps us if we need it. At 2:30, we clean up the room and do our chores.
- 2:45 – We have be outside for carpool to get picked up. Some of the students stay for after-school, but I head home after a great day!